Wow! I realize that I've only been "on the road" with Miss Dana for less than two weeks, but I can't believe that I have not sent you any updates from Singapore! It was a busy Tuesday and Wednesday with pre-tournament press conferences and assisting reporters with other interview requests. But, today (Thursday), the first round of the HSBC Women's Champions started - and boy was it humid! Thailand was hot, but the breeze kept the weather nice. Today in Singapore, it was mostly cloudy, but there was not much of a breeze, so it made the air feel very wet and heavy. Around 3 p.m., we had to stop the tournament for 52 minutes because there was lightning in the air. When the lightning comes, it is not safe to have the players and fans outside, so the rules officials blow their horns and make sure everyone leaves the course. Once the lightning leaves, they were able to start playing again. Even though we got done a little late, we still finished the round, which is good. The second round will start tomorrow at 8 a.m. - a little bit earlier than today's 9 a.m. tee times because there is another chance for rain. And when it rains, it pours here!
Since Miss Dana has not taken many photos, yet, I hope you all are able to look at some of these photos on LPGA.com. They are not only photos of some of the leaders, but there are some fun photos from the pro-am. A pro-am happens usually on the Wednesday of tournament week where the professional women play with a group of three or four amateur golfers for 18 holes. It is a very neat chance for some fans to get to know the players.
Well, I hope you have a great day, today! I'll try to have Miss Dana put some more photos up soon!
~ Flat Stanley
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment